1. Where are you originally from?
I was born in Dallas, TX.
2. What is your favorite food?
I love a good cheeseburger. I’d like to think I have a pretty good grasp on the Dallas burger landscape.
3. What do you like/dislike about Dallas?
Like: I believe most major cities all provide a certain level of opportunity for everyone. However, having family close by is a rare bonus that I am very appreciative of.
Dislike: temperatures June – August.
4. The office has discussed that we have never seen you eat lunch before. Are you a robot?
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101
5. What college/university did you attend?
Southwestern University. It’s a liberal arts school in Georgetown, TX.
6. How long have you worked for Kriya RevGEN?
Going on 8 months now!
7. Did you have any previous experience?
I spent 4 great years at the Omni Dallas Hotel: Front Office, Sales, and Revenue departments. A 1000+ room convention center hotel was an outstanding introduction to the industry.
8. What made you want to join the RevGEN team?
I had been watching the company’s progress for a few years and was impressed with the growth that I saw. The opportunity to work within many hotel brands and a variety of properties was an exciting prospect. I was also very interested in working with the company’s reporting and analytics platform, Spider.
9. What do you like the most about our new office?
Since we have moved in, I’ve particularly enjoyed seeing our workspace grow and adapt to our company’s needs. I’ve also appreciated being less than 5 miles from the Grapevine Golf Course (range hours are very flexible and prices low).
10. Favorite hotel chain/brand to manage?
Really depends on what we as a property are trying to accomplish. Each brand has its own strengths and weaknesses. I do like the focus IHG has put into their various reporting tools.
11. Favorite genre of music?
I’m not too particular, I usually rely on friends to send good new music my way. With my commute, I’m more into podcasts.
12. What genre of music sets the mood for your workday?
I recently downgraded from Spotify Premium, so I’ve been focused on perfecting my playlist of songs 6 minutes or longer.
13. Name one thing about yourself that most people wouldn’t guess.
I once dressed up in a dog suit to win free Austin City Limits tickets (#college). The pictures exist, but you won’t find them.
Spending time with my wonderful wife, Danielle and our cat Toby. I also like fishing, most outdoor activities, and over-analyzing NBA Statistics
15. The most challenging and most rewarding part of your job?
Most challenging: Working to learn and understand the identity of each hotel and ownership group, which I think is necessary to perform the white glove service that we do.
Most rewarding: Collaborating with individual property teams towards a common goal. Then achieving it.